6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2016 3:11 AM by skip56

Can't install amd catalyst control center software

dclemons2

I have an AMD Radeon HD 5450 graphics card and I'm trying to install the drivers and all for it along with the catalyst control center software, but whenever I use the auto detect tool on the drivers download page, it keeps saying that the drivers are already up to date. I don't even have the catalyst software on the pc at all, so how can that be? I've tried manually selecting the drivers to download, but nothing works; every time the installer loads up it doesn't have the catalyst software there to install, it only shows to install the gaming evolved app, which I don't want, and the HDMI audio driver and that's it. Is the catalyst software available anymore?

I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit. Desktop

• Re: Can't install amd catalyst control center software
          amdmatt

Please try the steps below which will walk you through a system clean up and a fresh installation of the last compatible display drivers for your legacy graphics card.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install Crimson 16.2.1 drivers once the above is completed. Before you restart uncheck 'Automatically downloaded the latest drivers'. Check to see if the issue is resolved.