6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM by ouranos

Monitor going into sleep mode after driver install & each system start-up

ouranos

Hi,

After I installed driver 16.7.2 my monitor went to sleep mode. If I turn off/on the monitor, display comes back. Each time I start or restart my computer, the monitor goes to sleep mode and I need to off/on it to get display again.

The only driver that works normally is 16.4.2. All drivers since 16.5.1 have this problem with monitor going instantly to sleep mode at start-up system.

System (desktop) :

Graphic card : MSI R9 270X

Motherboard : MSI Z77A-G43

Display device : Dell U2413

CPU : Intel I5-3470

RAM : Kingston Hyper-X Blu DDR3 (2 x 4 Go)

PSU : Antec HCG-520M

Hope I will find some answers.

• Re: Monitor going into sleep mode after driver install & each system start-up
          amdmatt

I'd like you to try a using a monitor driver for your display and run a system clean up and a fresh installation of Crimson 16.7.2, to see if it resolves the issue.

Navigate to Windows Device Manager > Monitors and check that your display is not showing as disabled. If it is, please enable it.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers and restart your system.

6. Install the monitor driver for your display and restart your system and check to see if the same issue occurs. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=X6CJW

ouranos

Thanks for your reply.

Monitor is enabled in the Windows Device manager and has the last driver provided by Dell.

1. Done sfc /scannow. It shows opencl.dll corrupted file and repaired :
              2016-07-21 18:58:42, Info             CSI00005780 Hashes for file member \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :

Found: {l:32 soPvO/DJerwUgFWx2TdapYoeWnIbTlV7Hwhhq8TM1Dc=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}

2016-07-21 18:58:42, Info             CSI00005781 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll" from store
              2016-07-21 18:58:42, Info             CSI00005782@2016/7/21:16:58:42.276 Primitive installers committed for repair
              2016-07-21 18:58:42, Info             CSI

00005783 [SR] Repair complete

1. NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013 are installed. I have done repair to prevent damaged files.
              2. Windows is up to date. I rarely delay or refuse an update.
              3. Used DDU in safe mode.
              4. Installed Crimson 16.7.2.

Still goes to sleep mode as quick as the driver is installed... Same thing at every start-up...

I can't understand why 16.4.2 version works fine, and why this sleep mode problem occurs since 16.5.1 and is still there on 16.7.2 ? What has changed between this two version ?

ouranos

Back for news.

Last week, Windows Update automatically updated my CG driver with 16.6 version (mentionned in Radeon Crimson software) and everything worked fine. Oddly, Windows device manager showed 20.19.0.32832 driver version instead of 16.20.1035. I don't know where does this version come from ?

Today I have done a Windows 10 clean install (1607 version). WU installed an old CG driver version (november 2015) and didn't want to update with more recent (?)

Used DDU and installed latest driver (16.8.2) and it worked without a flaw. No more untimely sleep mode once driver is installed or at each start/restart.

I still don't know what was the root of the trouble, but now it is solved.