9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2016 8:52 AM by sebaix

No new drivers for Carizzo APU. Why?

alexandr82

The latest driver for Carrizzo APUs is Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 (12/17/2015). Why AMD dropped support for this APUs?

FX-8800P

PRO A12-8800B

PRO A10-8700B

PRO A8-8600B

PRO A6-8500B

A10-8700P

A8-8600P

A6-8500P

• Re: No new drivers for Carizzo APU. Why?
          wesleyg1

Sigh....

Several reasons...

1st AMD only support APU hardware in WHQL releases. 2nd the Last WHQL which was released Early March had a bug that removed support for the Carizzo APU's. 3rd Despite growing hype from AMD their performance in the tech sector is at it best abysmal, not in their hardware mind you but in their software support!

I could go on but bottom line AMD Failed their customers time and time again and will continue to fail them. At this point if you still have a Carizzo APU system I would sell it as quickly as Possible so you have enough money to buy an Intel/ Nvidia Product. That way you would at least have support!

1 of 2 people found this helpful
            amdmatt

We hope to have a driver available for APUs soon, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                semmco

Dear amdmatt,

Thank you for your quick anwser for this question. With all respect I was always a fan of the AMD products but I cannot explain how disappointed I am with this Carrizo product line. Now I must agree with wesleyg1, since right now I would just take back my Y700 to the store and ask for refund. I wish I could do that...
                How is this even can possible that as an AMD fan I'm thinking about an Intel/NVIDIA combination? Please if you have the chance to speak with a CEO or a Manager or somebody who has some effect on product support and ask him/her to look at this issue please.

Hope you will read it,
                Andras (a disappointed customer)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    wesleyg1

Unfortunately Andras,

As you see Matt's response is actually the official company line with Carrizo APU's and even newer APUs as well right now. It is also going to be the only answer he is allowed to give on the subject and that speaks volumes telling us how bad they are in that hole. If we where to ask them to be specific I would then see Ray or one of the other Mods ether remove the question or tell us that Matt has already answered it!

If you want any other resolution to this I would first go to Your Laptop MFR and ask for any new driver support for your AMD hardware in your PC. If they decline or refuse to help cause like us they are also waiting for an update. Then I would file a complaint (with Better Business Bureau) one against your your Laptop MFR, 2 against AMD for failing to provide appropriate software support for our Hardware! Maybe then they will get the message!

Wes

1 of 3 people found this helpful
                  amdmatt

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 is ready and available to download, it features updated driver support for APUs.

The release notes can be found here.

4 of 4 people found this helpful