5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 7:00 AM by amdpete

4k resolution with Radeon R7 260

ivo

I can't get the 4k resolution to work. I'm using Windows7 64bit, newest Radeon drivers ( 16.7.2 ) and I have a 4k tv (Samsung) connected via HDMI (I think 1.4).

So I should be able to have 4k @ 30Hz, shouldn't I?

When I choose 3840x2160 in the windows system preferences, I get no signal to my tv. I tried using a user defined resolution and I used

3840x2160

30Hz

CVT (reduced)

With those I get an error message, saying my system doesn't support that.

Any help, please?

• Re: 4k resolution with Radeon R7 260
          amdpete

That GPU can support HDMI 1.4a so it should be possible.  What exact TV is it and which HDMI port on the TV are you using?

ivo

It's the Samsung UE48JU6550. I'm using the "HDMI 1 (STB/DVI)" input and my hdmi output on the radeon. I also tried activating the HDMI UHD Color option in the tv, with no success.

Also, I read that if I want 4k @ 60Hz, I could use a display port connection. I that correct? The TV does not have a display port. Would this also work with a displayport-hdmi cable?

amdpete

You would need a HDMI 2.0 to DP  adapter such as the Club 3D one for 60Hz.  Are you sure it is a HDMI 1.4 cable? According to the manual you would have to set the input to PC as the name so try that if you haven't already.  You can also try the list all modes option in the windows display settings to see what resolutions and refreshrates are possible.

ivo

I am already using the tv, but I only get 1080p. I also tried various entries from the long list of modes in the windows settings that are supported by the tv. Only those under 1080p seem to work.

Could you explain what you mean by "set the input to pc as the name"?

Thank you for your time!

amdpete

On Samsung TVs you can change the input type from default of ---- usually to whatever you are connecting, it is explained in the manual.  Normally you go to the source button and then long press the enter button on the remote until the edit name option comes up.