7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 6:59 AM by conqueror

RX 480 Problems, Need Help

conqueror

Hello, i bought my RX480 yesterday and currently i'm facing annoying problems....

Lets start that in gaming it's working proper so far. I will list my problem below and maybe someone can help me with:

1, Green Screen!?? When i powerup my PC it runs normal, but when i reboot the starting screen turns green instead of black, and windows starting screen too, and after that it returns to normal

* I converted VGA to HDMI so i can connect my  23" monitor, i don't know if this might be the problem, if it is please tell

2. After every game i play i go to check Wattman and then AMD settings crashes, i've to start it again. It doesn't crash if i don't play games

* I didn't overclock my GPU yet, evrything runs at 2000mhz memory and  max of 1266mhz CPU the default settings, i just chenged Fan and tempratures range in Wattman

My PC i decent, everything is fine and new including the PSU

CPU: i5 6500

GPU: RX480

PSU: 500w

Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHZ

• Re: RX 480 Problems, Need Help
          amdmatt

Hope you are enjoying your new 480.

1. This will be a compatibility issue with the adapter you are using, VGA is not natively supported on the 480.

2. This is a known issue which is under investigation. We hope to address it in a future Crimson driver, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have experienced the Wattman crashing myself, and i would recommend making a shortcut to Radeon Settings and pinning it to your Taskbar. If it crashes, click the shortcut and within two seconds Radeon Settings will launch and Wattman will work again.

conqueror

Thanks

Yup, to be honest, this is the first time i buy Radeon graphics card, been using Nvadia since 9 years ago, i'm really enjoying this RX480, very satisfied with gaming, and i hope the next drivers will make it better!.

So it's my adepter making this wierd green screen and other things, then i will buy a new monitor as soon as i can.

When Radeon setting crashes it's just right click on desktop>Radeon settings i hope it will be fixed soon

I've final question, as i mentioned that i've changed the fan speed and tamparatures range in Wattman, does this consume more power? or affect by any negative mean ?

To keep my gpu cooler i changed fan range from 1500-2500 rpm and Temps frpm 70-85 and it's barely reaching 80c max now

amdmatt

Glad to hear it.

If you are upgrading your monitor make sure you buy a FreeSync display, it will be one of the best investments for silky smooth gaming you could ever make. We have a list of FreeSync panels here: FreeSync™ Technology | AMD

What resolution are you using at the moment?

No it should not affect power by any noticeable margin. If you want the best possible performance, i would use these settings in Wattman.

If you like to tweak, you could try lowering the Voltage, it will reduce temperatures and allow the fan to operate at a lower speed naturally. If you are running stock clocks, you should be able to decrease the Voltage without any harm to stability. As an example, my card uses a default voltage of 1137, and i am able to lower it to 1050.

If you do decide to try lowering the voltage, decrease it in -0025 increments and stop once you experience any signs of instability. Here are the settings I used below.

conqueror

I see, Thanks

I've almost the same settings except voltage it's on default

Same fan range, but Temperatures from 70-85

But the power limit% is still 0,, do i have to make it 50?

Edit*

I'm using 1080p atm, can't change it higher because of the adepter, max supported 1080p unfortunately

I just changed power limit % to 50 as u posted above, seems i've more fps but i don't know how, can you explain this to me? i'm damn newbie with Radeon o.o    Very interesting driver and application with AMD.