6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2016 4:51 PM by neverbuyamd

No option to install AMD Display Driver

neverbuyamd

AMD Drivers work like crap for severall months.

So did today, when I encountered a bug.

Noticed there's an updated, tried to update.

While uninstalling the current version, screen got pixelated, and image duplicated itself 4 times (never in my life I saw this thing).

Restarted PC, wanted to install again, only option in installer is AMD Install Manager.

Did registry cleaning with tools, ran AMD Clean Uninstall utility or what that crap is called.

Tried installing again, same thing, only option in installer is AMD Install Manager, same with older driver versions.

ALSO, after I do install AMD Install Manager, when I go to Uninstall/Change it it sais No current components are installed, or something like that, then it dissapears from the programs list.

Oh and just as a side note, my desktop graphics card (AMD HD 5750) just died 2 weeks ago.

Windows 7 x64 (up to date)

AMD HD 8850M

Update: I don't know what else to do, I'll just reinstall the windows and this will be the last time I buy an AMD card or system with AMD card, also will make sure everyone who wants to buy a video card knows what to expect of AMD. #amdneveragain

• Re: No option to install AMD Display Driver
          kingfish

So what is your question? Did you plug it in to the wall socket? Or maybe you have a APU or Intel processor that works in a switchable graphics mode...

neverbuyamd

My (very obvious) question is how do I fix the above problem. Yes, I do have an intel processor, what doesn't that count twards? Did AMD suddenly decide I can't install the drivers anymore on Intel switchable graphics ?

Just for the record......NOTHING special has changed in the way I installed / updated the AMD drivers, I did EVERYTHING as usual, just all the above crap I described happened this time instead of a happy ending.

kingfish

I saw no question in your post...just a bunch of babble. Which Intel processor/graphics? And yes, it makes a very big difference....

neverbuyamd

It's not "babble" it's the description of my problem, don't be rude....

Intel Core i7 4500U

FYI: I uninstalled the Intel Graphics driver and tried installing AMD Drivers like this and still have the same issues, only 1 option in the installer.

kingfish

Your computer must be up to date....through Windows Update with the option "show Optional updates" checkmarked. All the relevant "Optional" updates must be installed, which will include the .netframework and C++ upgrades. This must be done before attempting to install any AMD driver.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and  use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

Computers with Intel processors select  uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Now install the Intel drivers first....reboot. And lastly the AMD drivers....reboot.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

If you are having issues with the normal installation of the Mobility drivers, use the clean install method , making sure you install the latest Intel drivers.

neverbuyamd

I have the latest Intel driver provided by DELL, the laptop manufacturer, I also tried installing the latest AMD driver provided by DELL, and I get the same problem, so the problem IS NOT the Intel driver as you suggested. So the problem is from the faulted uninstalation of the previous AMD driver, which it seems registry cleaning and AMD Clean Uninstall utility cannot fix. Untill AMD learns to code proper drivers I am going to have to reinstall my windows to do a clean install of this piece of s...driver. Thank you AMD, again. I had nothing better to do on this weekend than to stay and fix my PC.

Also, fyi, I never ever had to have the latest update to windows, or intel driver, in order for the AMD driver to work, but just for the sake of it, I updated now, and it still doesn't work.

Also #2, I have no previous point to restore my windows to, because the absolute geniouses from AMD didn't include the creation of restore points before installing or uninstalling of these pre-alpha drivers released to the public.