2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 4:16 PM by terrorizerxx

Why doesn't fallout 4 and witcher 3 recognize my 3rd and 4th GPU? (7970, 16.5 and onwards)

sinquisitor

Everything is fine for Fallout 4 on 16.4.2 but something happened after that and it only recognizes 2 of my cards. I can't remember the last time it was fine for the Witcher 3, but it could be the same. Can anyone elaborate on this? It's pissing me off.

• Re: Why doesn't fallout 4 and witcher 3 recognize my 3rd and 4th GPU? (7970, 16.5 and onwards)
          sinquisitor

I should probably give you more information even though I think it's not needed because it's a driver issue.

Fallout ver: 1.5.416.0

CPU: 3930k@4.6

Mobo: Rampage 4 ext. 1101 bios

GPU: Sapphire 7970 reference quadfire

Ram: Gskill 8gbx2 1666mhz

Psu: Thermaltake 1475W

Monitor: Samsung U28D590DS 4k

Come on guys I'm not screwing with you here, and even though it may seem like a first world problem, it is nonetheless frustrating. I want some answers from AMD. Not being able to utilize your purchased stuff is again, annoying. I should also mention that the aforementioned games do support AFR and 1x1 rendering in CFX, meaning they do support all 4 cards if you apply that formula on them. Sadly for me Fallout 4 gets all wonky if you do apply any of those, otherwise I could've simply just cancelled AMD's own profile and gone with that instead, but nope. Do a hotfix or tell me how to edit your profile or something I really need help with those 2 profiles.

In the meantime, I'd also like to ask the maximum temperature limit for those 7970s that I've got. It's hot in summer and the temps keep getting up, so I'd like to know my absolute limit before the card gets itself killed.