2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 2:28 AM by maddroxx

Black Desert Crossfire Flickering

maddroxx

I'm getting a shadow flicker with CrossFire enable in Black Desert Online.

Information

AMD FX8350

MSI 990FXA Gaming

Mushkin 16GB DDR3 1600

2x XFX RX480  8GB Tuned By XFX

Radeon 16.7.2 software and drivers (Tried other versions as well with same results)

Fresh install of Windows 10 and all drivers updated to latest for all hardware.

When set to Default CrossFire Mode it will only use one card (verified with AMD System Monitor and WattMan) but enabling AFR Friendly/Compatible or 1x1 will use both card but have a extremely bad flicker with lighting and shadows.

I've played other games without issue and yes I'm running in full screen non windowed mode.

Thanks in advance

• Re: Black Desert Crossfire Flickering
          amdpete

I don't think that game is compatible with Crossfire anymore, it used to be as if you google it people had it working with AFR friendly or Optimise 1x1 but then a game update stopped it working.  I assume the game developers changed the lighting method that the game uses or something like that.  SLI users seem to be having the same issue. Currently Nvidias game profile has little to no SLI scaling for the game.  So it looks like the game developers would need to make the game mGPU friendly.

2 of 2 people found this helpful