1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2016 7:11 AM by amdmatt

amd msi redeon r9 270 oc sound loop and freez screen problem

srb011

Hello,

I have a problem with my amd msi redeon r9 270 oc edition in the cs go and some other steam games (Team Fortres, G mod etc)

When I play cs go I just suddenly get freezen screen and my sound starts looping the same thing.

Then, I need to restart my computer because game won't quit normally from task menager.

The game is crashing like this every 20 - 30 min sometimes longer.

My computer spec:

AMD FX 8320 processor

8 gb of ram

MSI redeon r9 270 oc 2gb ddr5

Computer is running under heavy cooling system and always under 55 C gpu and 50C cpu

Also, I'm getting glitches with some parts of screen sometimes (some parts of screen are flickering) and this is happening in the easiest tasks like vi !rtual dj and browser (chrome), some times on desktop too.

I'm running windows 8.1 64 bit,

Thanks and I hope you can solve my problem

• Re: amd msi redeon r9 270 oc sound loop and freez screen problem
          amdmatt

The problem you have described could be a driver issue, or a indication that the GPU is faulty. I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of our latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers, to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.