3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 2:14 PM by richard22

Has anybody a solution for the flickering Problem with my HD 7950?

richard22

Hello,

since I upgraded to Windows 10, my old games show strange pixels on the screen. It does not matter which title, it is always there.

I cannot tell if it was right after the upgrade, because I very rarely play games.

I would like to know if it is a Software or a Hardware Problem.

I am using the latest driver on my windows 10 64 bit computer. All components are AMD Phenom II 1090, X99 Chip set, HD 7950 Graphic Card, 16GB RAM.

• Re: Has anybody a solution for the flickering Problem with my HD 7950?
          packard93

Something drivers you got may need to be upgraded to windows 10. Reinstall drivers for your video card if that dont work .Does the motherboard have windows 10 drivers. Are they all windows 10 /

Have u checked your drivers to be sure there windows 10 . Check make sure motherboard has all windows 10 drivers for your chipset.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            amdmatt

I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of 16.6.2, to see if it resolves the flicking.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                richard22

Hello,

you were right, there is something wrong with my installation - after upgrading from windows 7 to 8 to 8.1 and finally to 10 not everything works. So I have all the C++ Installations starting with 2005 :-(

Also removing all the drivers is a hassle, because then all the USB drivers are also gone and the Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work any more.

BUT - this is not the reason. I installed the card in a working PC and - same problems. So I am petty sure it is a hardware Problem.

Thanks