5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2016 2:39 PM by kingfish

I am not a gamer, does my system needs to have installed the RAPTR/ADM component of my drive?

rocio_lb

I am trying to find out what version and driver is the most up to date for my system, that used AMD Radeon HD7800 Series.  I also want to know if I can un-install the RAPTR/AMD from my system as it seems to be creating conflict with plugs ins I use in the processing of my images. I am not a gamer and I think I would be better without it.  But last time I customized the update by unchecking the gamer part I created some problems with the functioning of my USB mouse and keyboard.

So I will really appreciate if some one can provide me with some advice on if I need or not to have RAPTR/ADM installed, and if not, how to un-install it and only install a driver that will not ask me in the future for updates that include the RAPTR/adm updates.

I hope I am providing enough information and that somehow it is clear.

Thank you in advance,

Just in case, I will add this info that is the upper part of a 'dxdiag' search:

===================================================

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6819)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6819&SUBSYS_27301462&REV_00

Display Memory: 18388 MB

Dedicated Memory: 2030 MB

Shared Memory: 16357 MB

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: HP w2207 Wide LCD Monitor

Monitor Model: HP w2207

Monitor Id: HWP26A8

Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)

Output Type: HD15

Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,amdxc32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1452 (English)

Driver Version: 16.150.2211.0

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.0

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: DMA

Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 3/21/2016 12:00:00 AM, 1539560 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2B59-11CF-7E72-3A07BEC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x6819

SubSys ID: 0x27301462

Revision ID: 0x0000

• Re: I am not a gamer, does my system needs to have installed the RAPTR/ADM component of my drive?
          kingfish

Delete 'Gaming Evolved' from your computer. The next time you install AMD drivers, unselect the gaming evolved option.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: I am not a gamer, does my system needs to have installed the RAPTR/ADM component of my drive?
              rocio_lb

Kingfish, thanks so much for your response. It is good to know I don't have to have the Gaming component. I have two more simple questions that I just want to ensure I am doing right when I re-install the new driver.

1) when yo say 'delete 'Gaming Evolved' from my computer are you referring to un-install the Raptr installed in my computer? (see capture below), THEN,

2) when installing the new driver, do a manual –or custom– install (rather than an automatic) to allow me to un-select the 'gaming evolved' option?, and lastly

3) is the Gaming Evolved option obvious to find, or is located within another tab or menu of the manual installation?

Sorry for these basic questions, but as I explained, I am not that strong when it comes to tech knowledge of the insides of my system.  Thanks for your time and advice. :-)

AMD-drivers_Raptr-uninstall.png

waltc

You can uninstall Raptr from Programs & Features whether you game or you do not.  Raptr is an optional program and can be uninstalled just like any other Windows program--it will not affect the drivers whether installed or not.

Here's a link to the latest Crimson driver for your your hardware.

Desktop

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  rocio_lb

Waltc, thank you for your helpful reply. It makes it clear to me that I can uninstall the Raptr program as shown in the capture in the response above without affecting other programs or components of my driver. Somehow I have the idea that un-installing would create the problem I experienced with my mouse and keyboard. I found an explanation of what happened in this community that explained it like:

Why do my USB devices such as the keyboard or mouse stop working after an Express Uninstall of the AMD Catalyst software?

The AMD Catalyst Install Manager will remove all AMD drivers including chipset drivers for motherboards using AMD chipsets. This may cause some USB devices to stop functioning. Reinstalling the AMD motherboard chipset drivers will resolve the issue.

So, I am assuming the ADM Install Manager (as shown in the reply above) is NOT to be uninstalled.

THANK YOU too for the link to the most up to date driver for my system, that has been MOST HELPFUL!  Here again, I am assuming the driver to install is the first one on top of the three offered in that page, and here comes the next dumb question:

– First I uninstall Raptr. Restart my computer.

– Then, I run the new downloaded driver, choose custom install (to deselect the Gaming Evolved option as suggested by Kingfish) and that will proceed to install the new driver on top of the old driver. Meaning, I don't have to uninstall the old driver.

I will appreciate once again if you can clarify or confirm my assumptions.