4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 11:07 PM by mkmhroups007

Why amd 16.6.2 and amd 16.7.1 ruined AMD 8670m performance compare to previous amd 16.6.1 driver?

mkmhroups007

Note:Please read it fully

So i bought an HP model laptop with 8650g+8670m on 2013 it works very poor at the beginning but some updates did the job well even i played watchdogs properly with very little issues and then some updates again ruined my laptop at the worst it offers and i recently decided that's it these laptop is not well suited for any gaming here after but suddenly an amd 16.5.xx driver made  a magic by allow me to play farcry4 very fluently with minor lags so i decide to update my driver to 16.6.1 its good not bad but these drivers 16.6.2 and 16.7.1 ruined my laptop even worst then at it in the beginning i know you are improving your drivers in order to sale your amd 480 well but it may  benefit that GPU but not others these 8670m ruined a lot by these drivers.Why don't you offer stable drivers to all the GPU's?  otherwise please release exclusive driver for your latest GPU's at the same time kindly release stable drivers like amd 16.6.1 for your old customer  like me.

And also i made a mistake of installing nvidia physx which also ruined my laptop i don't know how it works but it made my laptop abysmal to play any games then i resetted my PC entirely in order to remove nvidia physx completely then i installed these amd 16.6.2 which make my laptop  worse and also i installed amd 16.7.1 which also made my laptop worst ever it was.

And what about 8650g you guys put that one in legacy state but i too have 8670m whch still have drivers may i know hot to install amd 8650g legacy + amd 8670m properly?

and highly recommend you to release stable drivers for all your GPU's thank you....

• Re: Why amd 16.6.2 and amd 16.7.1 ruined AMD 8670m performance compare to previous amd 16.6.1 driver?
          wesleyg1

Well technically Speaking any driver above 16.2.1 shouldn't have worked on your system. Your build is the Primary APU with 8650G (one of the discontinued chips) first then only if it went into high Performance mode would the 8670M kick in for better graphics. This build works best when the same driver is on the  APU and Discrete GPU.  It seems like you had a software Fluke where your system was using the Discrete only and ignoring the APU graphics.As if your Discrete card was a dedicated graphics card!

Personally with that Line of APU I found that we had better performance on anything pre-crimson driver! and that the HP Drivers might be you best option rather then using new Drivers from AMD. Unless you get it to work again as you did with 16.5.x !

• Re: Why amd 16.6.2 and amd 16.7.1 ruined AMD 8670m performance compare to previous amd 16.6.1 driver?
              mkmhroups007

see i know that APU is discontinued even though if it has new driver now it

will not give performance im now focusing only on amd 8670m im not even

consider apu 8650g  as an graphics unit its just an inbuilt unit thats it

all my games are setted only on high performance (8670m) all that i ask is

stable driver for amd 8670m and also dont include some GPU's like amd 8670m

with your inbuit graphics like 8650g just give us dedicated graphics.In our

country these product distributors scamming as they even put my HP in

gaming built after i bought these thing i get worried its not even properly

play your own optimised game like tomb raider 2013.Crysis3,etc.I highly

recommend you to ask these product distributors to say as truth these

gentleman are scammers you need to sue these guys tell if they repeat these

kind of act like spamming and telling us wrong info then we will sue you

and  they even said its an dual graphics i taught it will be good for

gaming.Im from india these is the site which given us wrong info about your

product http://www.flipkart.com/ just ask them not to give wrong info about

your product.Thank you...