1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 3:57 AM by amdpete

R370 color-distortion problem on cloned hdmi secondary display

chronotron

product: sapphire nitro r7 370 4g

motherboard: asus p5kc

ram: 8GB DDR3

I've purchased the sapphire graphic card s month ago, and it's much faster than the asus nvidia560 card i used to have in the past 4 years.

However, i'm experiencing a strange color-distortion phenomenon while watching the display on the secondary monitor (46" Sony KDL-46EX401 TV).

The TV is located on my bedroom and connected to the pc on the other room with a 15m HDMI cable, and the display is duplicated (1920*1080).

After a few minutes, the display on the TV suddenly gets distorted (see attached screenshot) while the display on the computer's 24" samsung monitor remains ok.

when i switch the tv to another empty HDMI input and than back to the HDMI connected to the computer - colors are fine again until it happens again usually after another 10 min.

i've tried reconnecting the hdmi cable on both sides, installed the latest AMD display driver, restarted computer - no good.

It worked fine with my old vga card for 4 years with the same tv, hdmi cable and computer.

Any idea how to solve this ? sapphire support system is useless, can't create tickets