2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2016 1:35 AM by mike496174

New Drivers Wont Install R9 200 series

mike496174

I have recently been encountering issues where the display drivers fail and recover twice before ceasing to do so, requiring that I end the game process. I was informed that it may be a driver issue and did Identify that my drivers were from October of 2015 and that newer drivers were available. I attempted to intall the new drivers by downloading and running the AMD installation manager. It seemed to finish, ask for the restart and end. Upon restart I noticed the problem was still occurring and when I checked stem info, the date on the driver had not changed. Are the new drivers not installing? Or is there some other problem that is occurring?

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 200 series (thats all i remember)
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • System information doesnt have a name for the driver version but lists it as ver. 16.200.1035.1001
      • Display Devices
        • Asus VS228H-P connected via DVI (There are two of these)
      • Motherboard
        • Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel i5-4460 3.20 Quad
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Antec High Current 750W Bronze
      • RAM
        • 16GB
        • Re: New Drivers Wont Install R9 200 series
          kingfish

These are the latest drivers for your graphics card Crimson 16.7.1...download/save them to your desktop > Desktop

Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

Choose to uninstall everything.

Reboot.

Screenshot_5 (3).png

Note: Disable all anti-virus/ anti-malware/ anti-anything while performing the installation. Very important.

Install the new driver 16.7.1 suite****. Reboot. You are done...

****Uncheck "automatically install updates".

****Uncheck "Gaming Evolved" if you don't want raptr on your computer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: New Drivers Wont Install R9 200 series
            mike496174

Thank you for your help. It looks as though the drivers that I had were the most up to date for my card. When I followed the process laid out about the same drivers were installed. However this has, not surprisingly, failed to resolve the issue. I still get the same message "amd drivers have failed and recovered" twice and then the game crashes. Anyone have any other thoughts as to what is happening?