5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 8:56 AM by amdmatt

AMD Radeon HD7750 causing Black Screen of Death and screen flickers

mezzan9ne

I've been having these problems for a very long time and it is annoying the hell out of me, and I am almost at the end of the line here. It happens when I play games, watch videos online and normally. It is always unpredictable and sometimes it will be good for days on end and it will suddenly occur and catch me off guard. Every single time I have to do a forced reboot and I am starting to worry that doing so will damage my compute more and more. I have tried every thing I googled regarding this issue, right down to uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and it still happens. It happened in Windows 7, but it was fixed with a miraculous driver update back then. But when I upgraded to Windows 10 the problems came back with a vengeance. Because of these problems I am regretting my decision to have gotten an AMD card instead of an Nvidia one. And to make matters worse, there was actually an update several months back that made it worse! What gives?! Seriously, do something about this!

• Re: AMD Radeon HD7750 causing Black Screen of Death and screen flickers
          amdmatt

This could be caused by the display drivers, hardware acceleration in your web browser, faulty hardware. We really need more information so we can try to help.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

mezzan9ne

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB OC edition

Desktop Windows 10 Home 64bit

Radeon Crimson Edition 16.6.1

Display : Samsung FHD LCD 32" TV 1920x1080 60hz HDMI to HDMI

Motherboard : ASUS P8B75-M LE

CPU : Intel 13 3220 3.3ghz

Power : Andyson G-Plus 500w

8gb RAM

Happens when I watch online videos, or watch videos using programs on my computer or when I am playing online games and mmorpgs. The screen will flicker once every couple of minutes. BSoD will occur occasionally as well during those activities, computer freezes, black screen and the sound freezes as well. I have tried wiping the display driver and reinstalling but it still occurs. There was a driver version couple months back that was actually ok, the screen just blacks out, comes back on with the message saying the display driver has stopped working and been restarted. Any updates before or after that has been hell.

amdmatt

It could be a faulty GPU or a driver issue. I'd recommend trying a system clean up and a fresh installation of 16.7.1, to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.1 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.