7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2016 5:04 AM by tarot

My AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB edition is running at 100% load and around 75 degrees when idle, I don't know if this is a problem as I am reasonably new to computer building but I just want to know what is going on

nikonianz

I recently bought and fitted a Radeon RX 480 8GB graphics card from XFX. It runs fine and gives me fps of 250+ on most games I play however I downloaded some software once I noticed the card was incredibly hot to tell me how hot the GPU is. When idle, (I have checked to make sure no background programs are running that could cause problems), the card is registering as having a 100% load and a temperature of 75-78 degrees. When in games it stays the same and I was just wondering if this is a problem as I have heard people talking about the card frying their PCIe slots and wanted to make sure mine didn't go the same way.

PC Specifications

Processor: Intel i7 4770 running at 3.40GHz

Motherboard: Asus H81M-E (I was wondering if this could be the problem as it has PCIe x16 2.0 and not 3.0)

PSU: EVGA 650 GQ 650watt Gold Power Supply

The software I am using to measure the heat of the GPU is called "GPU Temp" and I am unsure weather or not it is accurate. I have attempted to use MSI Afterburner however I must be blind as I cannot see where it shows the GPU Temperature if it does at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated even if you're just telling me that everything is fine.

Thanks in advance.