10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 5:40 AM by phoon

HD 6310 driver for Win 10.

phoon

I have been trying to get my HD 6310 driver installed on Win 10. It was working following a Windows upgrade but hasnt worked properly since I did a clean install. NOw Windows will do nothing except use the general MS driver so I dont even get my second scree. I have been round and round the forums and tried using WU and Catalyst all to no avail. Starting to despair so any help would be great

• Re: HD 6310 driver for Win 10.
          kingfish

These are the drivers for your graphics card....assuming you have a desktop computer.

Legacy

You also should stop Microsoft from automatically installing graphics drivers. Google it.

phoon

Thanks Kingfish. It's actually a notebook. (Dell 1122). The main problem I have is not restricting upgrades but forcing Windows to install the one I want.

I keep getting the message that the one installed is the best one.

kingfish

Please supply the information requested so we can all get on the same page:

Laptops have different requirements. I suspect you have a APU.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

sandrino

Actually you cannot download these drivers from amd's website and you have to download them from windows 10 operating system

Link to website with information: Windows® 10 Driver for APUs Supporting up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        sandrino

You can do this manually by opening device manager and then under either display adapters or unknown devices ( could be named under "other devices") I.E just find your graphics card (hd 6310) in device manager and then right click on it and click on update driver and then a prompt will pop up asking you to find drivers already in your computer or search for them on the internet. You must then proceed with clicking on " search for driver update on the internet" .

I hope this helps although I know this is a very rough explanation but I hope you will understand my instructions. By the way I found out that you may be using a E-350 based on what your card was and I found out that it was a integrated card from just that info.

But next time when you ask a question on this site, will you please give all the info about the system that you could possibly give us.

Have a happy day forward ( or night, depending on where you are on this planet)

kingfish

That's why I asked his APU...even tho he never mentioned it. AMD needs to put INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION  on the front page where people can see it. And he has a E-240

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
                            • AMD E2-2000 APU
                            • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
                            • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
                            • AMD C-Series APUs
                            • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

ray_m

sandrino

Yeah I know that about info when posting a question

BTW the e350 and e 240 is using the exact same igpu

Link for proof: AMD E 350 vs 240

igpu info be at the Specifications part of the page.

phoon

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback. It was a long day yesterday and I fired off the post in haste.

I can confirm that it is an E-350 processor.

I will look at the information that you posted when I get back to the computer tonight. ( I am in Australai).

I know that before I did a clean install I had it all working using ( I thought) the Catalyst download. But I have seen the subsequent information from ray_m advising that this is not the correct way.

Since the clean install I have tried multiple times to update using the Windows update and it detects HD 6310 but fails to install. I also don't see a display adaptor in device manager ( unbidden view) but will look under 'unknown'.

For some reason Windows seems to think that the generic Windows driver is the best one.

Again, appreciate the feedback and will let you know how I go.