• Motherboard
    • AMD 970
  • CPU/APU
    • FX-8000 Series
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • not sure make and mode but 750W
  • RAM
    • 16 GB DDR3

Here is what i have as well--- ABS Ruby PC ALA037 Gaming Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-8350 (4.0 GHz) 16 GB DDR3 3 TB HDD 256 GB SSD R9-390X 8 GB Windows…

Describe your issue:

My computer has 2 DVI-Ds and 1 HDMI for the video ports. I have had a monitor that was VGA only for some time. It works fine, so i got a second monitor that was the same size when i got my computer last year. The new monitor has a DVI port and is working fine. The other monitor with the VGA input does not work, so i did my looking around and got a StarTech.com DVI-D to VGA Active Adapter Converter Cable (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812400402&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Audio+Video+Converters-_-N82E16812400402&gclid=CjwKEAjw-_e7BRDs97mdpJzXwh0SJABSdUH0XL1u4zFiYuNJJ910vmpCVAU5BNcCuV_wlek1fOSO5xoCWATw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds)

For some reason the second monitor would randomly go off and on again. I started trouble shooting to find the problem.

• Upgraded the power sources for the converter.
  • Got a new VGA cable
  • Tried the converter with a different monitor (same problem)
  • Contacted the company and got a replacement converter (same models, same problems)
  • I updated all over my drivers and operating systems
  • Tried having only the one monitor with the converter hooked up

After everything I still cannot get the converter to work. I waited too long to return it and I can sell the dame thing. If someone has any ideas on how to get the thing to work that would be awesome. I am really hoping I did not waste my money, so I am asking the internet for help on this one. Google had no answers for me, so I thought I would give this a try.

1. p.s yes I tried turning it off and on again. Yelling does not seem to work either..

Outcomes