0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 5:11 PM by ondai

Computer completely freezes when gaming

ondai

Okay so here is everything I know:

Issue overview: Everything is running normally while playing a certain game and then suddenly the image completely freezes, alt+f4/alt+tab/ctrl+alt+del etc DO NOT WORK after that the only thing I can do is a manual restart/shut down. If I restart the pc, it shuts down regardless (so far this has happened a couple of times with normal restarts as well, especially when installing new drivers). Okay so whatever the case, my pc ends up turned off, then if I try to power it back up right away it will fail to boot after really loud fan noise. (probably from the power supply, I haven't tried "safe mode" but my screen doesn't have time to light up in this case so is it even possible?). So I have to wait for some time (10-20 mins) and then try to boot up, the noise is still really loud while booting, but the boot does succeed and then everything runs normally.

-THIS ISSUE HAS ONLY APPEARED WHILE PLAYING THE FOLLOWING TITLES: PARAGON, PALADINS and OVERWATCH-

Info on my pc:

CPU: AMD Athlon 860K quad core

GPU: AMD RADEON R7 370 POWERCOLOR

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE F2A88XM-DS2 (the PCI-E ports on this board might be a good place to start)

POWER: LC600H-12 V2.31

MEMORY: sata3 240gb silicon power s80 550/500 MB/s (games are located here) + 500 GB Hard drive

RAM: 2 x 4GB

DRIVERS: Crimson edition 16.5.2.1 (installed WITH A CLEAN INSTALL, updating would cause the issues to worsen)
      IF ANY ADDITIONAL INFO IS REQUIRED PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO ASK

Thank you in advance for your help guys