1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 6:16 AM by amdmatt

can´t switch GPU

aspoir

Hello,

I have 2 GPUs, one AMD Radeon HD 8280 (integr.), and AMD Radeon R5 M230 and I can´t switch between them - In AMD Catalyst, i´ll switch GPU  (not integ.) on game "Minecraft", because when you press F3, it show you which GPU are you using, but it is using only the integr., not the other one Please help.

Aspoir

• Re: can´t switch GPU
          amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can help.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

To configure an application to use the discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.

Please enable the switchable graphics application monitor before running Minecraft. After you have finished Minecraft navigate to the switchable graphics application monitor check to see if the High Performance GPU was used. Example below.