6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 7:01 AM by gshaw

Driver updating issue

gshaw

Hi i recently have been in contact with sega regarding a loading bug with total war warhammer, they believe it to be my drivers and so i have updated them using the auto updater and manual update i go through all the steps after downloading the driver to the browser using express installation am i doing something wrong? please help thanks

• Re: Driver updating issue
          amdmatt

We'd like to help, but you have not provided any relevant information.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

gshaw

hi sorry first post on the site, im on windows 8 desktop system with and amd radeon r7 260x i believe i have amd catalyst 14.4 driver installed, amdfx 4100 quad core processor 3600 mhz, 16gb ram, gigabyte ga-970a-d3-3.0, power cool 650w power supply- pc-650AUBA. My main issue has touched on before is the updating of my drivers is there a way i can check if they are done and am i installing the right ones this stemmed from contact with Sega support on issues surrounding launching battles on total war warhammer and the warhammer launchers telling  me that my drivers are out of date the game was fine prior to a recent update to total war war hammer. i run the game high settings and this was fine prior the update i have not been able to see fps and what not since the update due to the issue. 1920x1080 resolution  running window or otherwise makes no difference. it loads to very near the end then stops or says the drivers crash and recovered successfully error. thankyou for your help.

amdpete

The 16.6.2 Crimson drivers are the latest, check the system / software part of the Radeon Settings application.  The Driver packaging version is going to be 16.20.xxxxxx etc if you have the latest installed.  If you are running the DX12 version you wouldn't be able to see your FPS with the Steam overlay since that doesn't work with DX12 and would require Valve to update their code.  Also unless you are running the Steam beta version you will need to disable the game overlay if you are using the DX12 version of the game as that will cause it to crash.

amdmatt

As Kingfish has mentioned, Windows 8 support was dropped in Catalyst 14.4 WHQL and Catalyst 14.6 Beta. You'll need to use the free upgrade to Windows 8.1, then you can use our latest drivers.

gshaw

issue is now resolved thanks all for your help