15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 3:00 PM by amdpete

16.6.2 @ RX 480 CF: Drivers Crashing

lurning

I set up a new system with the following parts yesterday. Since then I am having trouble playing games cause the Crimson Driver keeps crashing after a while in a game. Forcing me to quit the game and restart it. The intervals a quite random. For example in DOTA 2 I was able to play some games, then the driver crashed, I restarted the game and then it crashed 5 times in a row after about 2 minutes in game.

What I tried: Complete reinstallation of drivers using AMD Cleanup Tool and DDU. After the last DOTA 2 crashes I also tried to disable crossfire which froze my system. After I rebooted I could play DOTA 2 for over an hour without a driver crash and did not have any since. When I just checked the settings I noticed, that Crossfire was not disabled. I also found some older posts regarding driver crashes saying that you should fall back to an older driver, but I don't know if this is possible for an RX 480...I also tried to disable Steam Overlay as I read, that overlay could cause drivers crashes, but that did not help.

• AMD Graphics Cards
        • 2x XFX RX 480 4GB in CrossFire
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.2
      • Display Devices
        • BENQ EW2740L 1920x1080@60hz or @75hz via HDMI (connected to the Graphics Card close to the CPU)
      • Motherboard
        • MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00 GHZ
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Cooler Master G750M 750W
      • RAM
        • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15, DIMM 16GB DDR4-3000 Kit (2x 8GB)

I have attached a DxDiag and some Errors from the Windows Event Viewer which may be relevant.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you!