0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 2:58 PM by fangzhanning

Driver causing Black Screen/ BSOD Help is needed!

fangzhanning

Hi!

I recently encountered a string of bizarre issues with my Radeon HD 7700's Driver. Allow me to start from the beginning, a few days ago I was using my computer's Photo Editing software (paint.net) when suddenly my computer experienced an odd form of BSOD-like crash. Rather to the conventional Blue Screen popping up, the screen converted into a sort of 'collage' in which there was an array of colors resembling what was on my screen at the time of the crash in a horizontal, repetitive pattern. I then proceeded to shut down the computer and let it rest for the night. The next morning, I woke up and booted up the computer and all was well for roughly 15 minutes. Then, the same instance as described previously repeated. From there I once more shutdown the computer and rebooted, however this time the computer had a different behavior. Rather to booting up properly, it went through to the Windows 10 Loading Screen, which is usually just before the Login Menu, and between the two I was provided a pitch black screen. From there, Windows 10 would not progress. Given that I am rather resourceful, I entered Safe Mode w/ Networking and browsed the internet for solutions, exploring a wide arrange of possibilities, eventually isolating it to a Driver Issue. Upon removing my AMD Driver with the Cleanup Utility, I went to reinstall the driver, of which provided a similar instance to what was described before, however, instead of giving some sort of BSOD-like result, I was provided another Black Screen, followed by a lack of Hard Drive Activity.

My Computer is a Gateway DX 4831-01u, and all specs aside from the Graphics Card may be found here:

http://www.cnet.com/products/gateway-dx-4831-desktop/specs/

However, the Graphics card itself is rather an addition to the computer.

I have had this Computer since December of 2009, and it has operated flawlessly since then.

Furthermore, I added the Graphics Card ~August of 2013; And installed Windows 10 ~December of 2015 (if I am correct).

Are there any known solutions?

Allow me to emphasize that this the first array of issues this computer has sported, and that I am positive that this is not a Hardware Issue.

I will also provide any additional information necessary, Thank You!

I HAVE TRIED REINSTALLING THE DRIVER AND USING LEGACY VERSIONS, ALL OF WHICH HAVE PROVED TO BRING THE SAME, NEGATIVE RESULTS!