2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 5:50 PM by anxtoxnixo

I searched everywhere and still no fix!!!!! RX 480

anxtoxnixo

ok well my problem is like many that i have seen but not only specifically for the RX 480. Now before you try to tell me to do some certain actions let me tell you what i have done so far when i first realized the problem.

• i was on windows 7 on my old hard drive and purchased an entirely new one for a clean install of windows 10
      • i have done all the ram checks and tests but it is not that
      • i plug in my old GTX 560ti and Boom!!!! its perfect
      • yes i did the DDU to delete and than install
      • yes the bios is fully up to date
      • and yes TdrDelay is set to 8

with that said I'm wondering why i even built this brand new computer on the launch day of the RX 480, right now its just sitting there because its completely useless. Yes this is the first AMD product i purchased but that GTX 560ti (fermi) was also the first and only nvidia product i purchased, no i am not a fan boy of any.

I am currently playing the game Black Desert Online and the 560ti got no problem running it. but i can't play the game on the RX 480 for more than 10 minutes before "AMD display driver stopped responding but has successfully recovered" message and i have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to close it because a death is not fun in that game to mobs.

What I'm planning on doing is tomorrow I'm going back to micro center and returning the product and i guess either wait for the AIB partner cards or just wait for the gtx 1060 because now i just built a pc for no reason.

and if it matters its a sapphire brand rx 480

Radeon Software Version - 16.6.2

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1266 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 32 GB (Dominator Platinum 32gb 2x16, if it makes a difrence)

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Case - NZXT. H440

Cooler - H100i v2

Mobo - ASUS H170 pro gaming 1151 ATX

PSU - 750w

Message was edited by: Antonio H

Message was edited by: Antonio h