AnsweredAssumed Answered

drivers blocking internet

Question asked by jakeb96 on Jul 5, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 by jakeb96

Since the 16.6.2 driver patch my internet has been shockingly bad, I normally get speeds of around 20mps; now I get 5. Browsing is horrendously slow, yet online games would be smooth and have no lag at all. At first I thought the driver had nothing to do with it, I scanned for viruses and malware nothing came up. Checked the dns, antennas on the back of my pc still nothing. After exhausting all known options I was forced to reset my windows (leaving all my files) but deleting all apps and software.

After completion of this my internet was back up to speed like normal; videos were buffering in high quality and at a fast rate, I started to reinstall software (anti-virus, steam etc), all downloading very quickly. As soon as I had to restart my pc to fully install the 16.6.2 driver my internet dropped again. Just to make sure, I uninstalled the driver, internet went up, So I decided to install the previous driver, again upon completion my internet slowed right down. It seems whenever I install a driver it restricts my bandwidth and slows my internet right down, I can't carry on .without a driver as my screen is huge. 

Nothing else was installed previously, I haven't changed any settings in radeon; this never occured before the 16.6.2 patch. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Outcomes