Hello, I just made this account to ask this question because I cannot find a solution to my problem - I don't even exactly know what it is. I hope some of you tech-savvy kind people can help me.
I had bought myself a complete tower PC build from an online shop, sadly by now the time I can return it has run out - with the seller not answering to phone calls and emails... So I just hope to be able to solve this issue with your help.
So, here's the problem: part of the graphics don't work. Watching videos, youtube, whatever all works but:
- Windows Aero tells me my graphics driver must be updated. The system and search for a driver tell me it's the most recent one (it's from 2006? can that even be the most recent?)
- Windows Experience Index tells me it can't calculate because of a hardware or driver problem
- my PC won't hibernate or sleep, the options are greyed out
- Benchmark Sandra failed all things relating to the graphics, telling me to update the driver
- with the exception of one game (Gemcraft) everything in my steam library crashes on startup (e.g. Path of Exile, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed)
- on the first startup of Photoshop it told me that some features will be disabled due to driver or graphical incompatabilies, but I unfortunately missed what it really said
I have an AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon Graphics and 16 GB RAM. Motherboard is A68HM Plus. Win 7 (x64) ist installed on a small SSD, my programms and files are on a 1 TB HDD.
(sorry - english is not my first language and I am not the most tech-savvy person...)
I would be very grateful for help!
EDIT: Going by the how-to-page of the autodetect utility shouldn't it recognize the hardware as 'A-series APU'?
Sorry it's in German - it says it couldn't find a driver for my system - no supported AMD hardware found.
Also, would it help to install the win 7 x64 version of the A10-5800K with Radeon™ HD 7660D from the 'Desktop APU drivers' page? I'm afraid of doing more harm than good.