1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 4:59 AM by amdmatt

Issue Installing 16.6.2 AMD Driver Update

stpopping

Hi all,

I've tried installing this update for quite a while now, tried all kinds of things. Looked through Google/YouTube for solutions, but nothing seems to work. Tried reinstalling the driver, .NET Framework and Visual C++ Redistributable (uninstalling all of these, then installing C++, Framework and AMD Driver. In that order). Sadly, I keep getting this error message.  Any advice on this? My full system specs are listed below in the appendix. Thanks in advance!

Ps,

I haven't been able to run "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive" with maxed out graphics settings for quite a while now too, the shaders seem to be bugged for AMD users only. The game "PROTOTYPE 2" also seems to have issues with the AMD video card/driver, it crashes after playing the game for 15-60 minutes. Any help on this would be appreciated

St. Popping

system specs 1.JPGsystem specs 2.JPG

• Re: Issue Installing 16.6.2 AMD Driver Update
          amdmatt

I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of 16.6.2 using DDU, to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.6.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.