4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 1:37 AM by amshaegar

Crossfire option not showing in CCC

amshaegar

Hey all,

I'm running two ASUS R9 390x STRIX cards but my CCC is not displaying the option to enable Crossfire. Oddly enough, in the Radeon settings it shows that the card is #8 and is linked. The last time I crossfired two smaller cards (r9 380) it showed the second card as #2 and I had the Crossfire option. Games don't appear to be taking advantage of the second card right now either. Help!

Specs:

Radeon Software Version - 16.6.2

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1070 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version - 015.049.000.009

BIOS Part Number - 115-C671GPI-200

BIOS Date - 2015/11/10 04:47

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Memory Clock - 1500 MHz

Core Clock - 1070 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 384 GByte/s

• Re: Crossfire option not showing in CCC
          amdpete

The Crossfire option may not show up on the 1st card in the list, it depends how they got detected.  Check the settings of the 2nd card in the Gaming / Global settings.

• Re: Crossfire option not showing in CCC
              amshaegar

Ok so I've gotten crossfire to show up but now I have a totally different set off issues....

1) Any driver set besides 16.3.2 runs HORRIBLY in crossfire. Makes all games unplayable for some reason. 16.6.2 takes FPS all the way down to 10-15 where 16.3.2 keeps things around 60 FPS. Now here's the really weird part...

2) If at any time my Radeon settings have an unexpected error and close OR my computer loses all power/is unplugged all bets are off. Any time after that if I try to launch a game in crossfire I completely crash out and the computer reboots itself. The only way to solve this is to uninstall the driver and then reinstall and then it works until the scenario above happens again. I have a 1200W PSU so I know its not a power issue.