1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2016 2:36 PM by iainob1

dx 9 still broken r9 295x2 with latest driver

iainob1

Again another driver that still has stutters and hitches/freezes with dx 9 games. Every dx 9 game has this.

Again windows 7 and 8 did not have this with the same hardware and same graphics card.

I disable crossfire for dx 9 but it always has the usage on the enabled card fluctuating up and down constantly from 0 to 100.

Dx 10, and 11 are fine.

Because of this flickering and stuttering and the terrible usage fluctuating in dx 9 games freesync is always turning on and off constantly.

Yes other cards may be fine but the r9 295x2 does not work with dx 9 properly.

If I leave crossfire enabled it make all dx 9 games worse and they stutter and hitch more and mostly show poor performance compared to crossfire disabled. Something is just not right with this card, dx9 and windows 10.

AMD please look into this im tired of trying out evey driver to no avail over and over. Every new driver still has this issue.

Oh and I know crossfire and freesync don't work in dx9 that is why I disable crossfire. The fact that freesync still has issues in dx 9 could indicate that the issue is still to do with crossfire not being fully disabled properly for dx 9 again.

• Re: dx 9 still broken r9 295x2 with latest driver
          iainob1

After more testing I still believe the issue is with crossfire not disabling properly in dx 9 games.

I find the fps goes up to the same rates when I disable crossfire in dx 9 games. I should be seeing a large drop in fps when crossfire disables just like I did in windows 7 and 8. The fps is exactly the same which suggest crossfire is stull enabled in some way.

Also crossfire+ freesync and dx9 does not work together which would explain why I can never get freesync to work when I disable crossfire in dx9 games also. Crossfire has to still be active in some way.

The stutters are coming from both cards still being used in some way. MSI afterburner shows only one card being used, but it also shows the usage on the one card spiking up and down to 0 just like it would do when it uses crossfire. Something is broken with dx 9 still and I wish AMD would look into this properly for us.

Somehow crossfire is not being fully disabled when using dx9.

I did a full fresh install of windows 10 and got it to stop installing any drivers before it could install the amd driver. I updated everything in windows and all system drivers before installing the latest amd drivers. So there is no excuse of left over amd drivers.

In windows 7 and 8 X rebirth, skyrim, raceroom were all smooth when I disabled crossfire. In win 10 they are not and its clearly the stutters that come from them not supporting crossfire properly. So when I am setting it to disabled in ccc or radeon pro it does not do it properly.

So once dx 9 is fixed and all the down clocking of core clocks when crossfire is disabled and also when freesync is active then I will have a working driver but up until then the drivers are broken. I can play any dx 9 games as they are horrid and I can't use freesync as the core clocks downclock and cause issues.

Please fix the drivers for the r9 295x2