15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 7:38 AM by rapsoul2011

amd can help me ?

rapsoul2011

Escáner_20160704.pngGood afternoon. I have an idea that can help amd . I 'm a fan of this brand, and I can help , invent a cooling system that reduces :
      99 % less dust
      75 % less so great
      100 % more effective
      100 % more efficient
      100 % noiseless

and I would like to help me , to have power of communicating with someone amd to carry out this with them . From already thank you very much

• Re: amd can help me ?
          rapsoul2011
          I need your help please to communicate with any agent amd if anyone can help it would be very useful.

systembuilder

If you really want to produce something like that, you have to demonstrate your work. For whatever you have, I'm assuming you have some kind of prototype?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                rapsoul2011

I'm on it. the trouble is I'm just starting with the patent basically wanted to show someone amd . biene week would be finishing the prototype need a processor to make a model that is 100 % functional and test it. I promise to upload photos . if I delay is because I can not get a pc to try. I do not have many resources, and wanted to know if anyone helps me I'm alone in this.

benman2785

looks if it could work

great job

jamesc359

I hate to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy.

Peltier/TEC units have been around for a long time now (±180 years) and they're not really new to CPU cooling as tinkerers have been messing with them for as long as I can remember and they found quite a few issues with using them.

The first is that contrary to your first post they are not efficient, even a small unit will consume 35 watts and a unit that is more appropriate for CPU cooling would use 125-250 watts or more. That's not efficient in any way shape or form. The next issue you face is that you still need some way to remove the heat on the other side of the unit. Peltier units lose efficiency as the opposite side heats up, so you would still need a way to dissipate that heat. It's also worth noting that without a heat sink or some kind of thermostat the Peltier unit can get so hot that it could damage itself. If you use a thermostat the unit kind of becomes useless as a cooler, so you'd need to dissipate the heat and that means you'd still need a heat sink and fan or a pump, radiator and a water block.

Another problem is that unless you're willing to pump an obscene amount of energy through the unit it just doesn't cool that well. Yes even a small unit can get extremely cold, but that is only when it's not forced to deal with an active heat source. So now we're talking about 250+ watts. Which is horrifically inefficient.

Lastly and probably the coup de grâce to the whole idea is condensation. The cooling side of a Peltier cooler sweats and there's no way to get around that. The tinkerers will usually coat their motherboard in a non-conductive gel (Vaseline for example), but that's not very practical, much less desirable for your average computer enthusiast.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      rapsoul2011

Thank you very much for your contribution. at no time mentioned the peltier cells. but if so believe me I'm working every single detail . but it seems appropriate your input helps me a lot. we are rehearsing many options, basically the idea is to reduce many problems resulting from the use of coolers , dust, noise , space etc. I repeat my thanks for your interest in the project and believe me, I'm doing all my effort to improve this. thank you very much and greetings from Argentina .

jamesc359

Then on what principle does your cooling device use to cool?

rapsoul2011

So for now, it somehow is my secret. I peltiel have a prototype with which to isolate moisture is using tubes with ammonia and alcohol. and separately in a chamber peltier asylee which the peltier cooled heat returning the tubes cold mescla . I work in the two systems. It is a little research and invertirle time. when the two ends which vere the two is more beneficial. Thanks for your interest ( it should be emphasized that both devices have a system to control the temperature for ahorar energy and maintain a stable temperature , not being worked to cabernicola . ) his doubt helps me improve thank you very much . regards

swaccelerated

I would start by building a prototype on any GPU (like an older hd5000 series),  they can later be modified to fit any layout for any GPU.