9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2016 1:29 PM by mbk1989

R9 380/X black screen issue solution?

mbk1989

Hello,

Will there be any Crimson drivers that solve black screen issues for R9 380/X GPU's. It is still not in the known issues section in the release notes of the latest drivers. As R9 380/X owners, we have tried everything to solve this issue with no luck and we could not get any help from AMD. We even don't know whether AMD developers are working to solve this issue or not. Please keep us updated. amdmatt kingfish ray_m

Thanks!

• Re: R9 380/X black screen issue solution?
          mbk1989

I know the problem is also related with windows 10. While using Windows 7 I encountered only driver crashes to desktop. After I upgraded to Windows 10 those crashes turns into black screen with lost signal. Still waiting solutions though...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            mimz

I've made a new topic. Enough is enough with this. Got an r9 380 sapphire nitro since last august (about to got it one year ago), and I've still got black screen/PC totally frozen issue.

This is unbelievable that one year after, we still not see "fixed : R9 380 freezes" in changelogs.

Tried everything. And still freezing.

mbk1989

Hey! Thank you for your reply. Yeah I am very dissapointed. Since I upgraded to windows 10 and Crimson drivers, I cannot play games without crashes with my r9 380X. Actually I am very happy with my card but this issue is a real mood killer! I don't want to revert back to 15.11.1 because it doesn't have support for dx12. I don't know what to do. I try to provide lots of information for AMD but they don't care. They should investigate Windows 10 and Crimson drivers compatibility. In Win 7 if my GPU crashed it stayed on desktop. In win 10 this issue becomes black and red screen. If you learn any useful idea please share.

iainob1

Something to try, I have read elsewhere of blackscreening with AMD cards being caused by the card not sitting straight and correct on the motherboard. If the card is sagging everso slightly it has caused black screening. This was found by someone benchmarking and when the motherboard was flat all the black screens stopped.

could it be a build problem of the thickness of the cards connection points being just slightly too thin and under the weight of the card connections are not correct?.

Try re sitting the card and making sure the card is tight and straight in the motherboard.