2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 1:18 PM by pizzacat

AMD RX480 India Pricing Insane

smokinigga

I was eagerly waiting to buy AMD RX480 8gb version since it was announced in Computex 2016 for 239$. If you do the math, it will be 16108.23 Indian rupee plus tax and it should be available for somewhere around 20k to 22k. But you priced it for an insane 28k where this card is outperformed by a 25k gtx 970 in its performance and price. Its yet another epic fail for you in India.Nvidia will reduce the price for gtx 970 and may be 980 and you wil simply loose the market here. I am really disappointed with your pricing strategy. Ill rather spend another 10k and buy gtx 1070. You lost one more customer. Do you have any justification?

• Re: AMD RX480 India Pricing Insane
          chin

The SRP of US$229 (8GB version) is by AMD. But distributor in the respective country will do a markup according to the service and warranty provided it that country.

So, its your country's tax system and distributor profit making that is causing you people to have a difficult time getting this gpu. Nothing got to do with AMD.

In my country, the RX 480 was selling at about US$290. A markup of US$60.

As for the Nvidia, the 1080 of SRP US$699, here it was selling at US$850. A markup of US$151. But price is slowly coming down when 3rd party gpu is being launch.

• Re: AMD RX480 India Pricing Insane
              pizzacat

The issue isn't really distributor specific, There are many other companies which doesn't suffer from it.

Does AMD have no control at all who distributes their products? Stakes are high for AMD here.

Nvidia announced GTX 1060 (6 GB), and it's price in India is going to be around Rs. 23,000.. That's cheaper than RX 480 (4 GB).

AMD has a lead over Nvidia in DirectX, Async Compute and Vulkan.. don't let it go to waste.