6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 8:17 PM by techguy

The price for rx 480 in Ukraine is too different from amd announce

dethrail

rx 480  8gb cost 400$ for item http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/asus_rx480_8g/p9896023 what is wrong or who is right?

• Re: The price for rx 480 in Ukraine is too different from amd announce
          black_zion

AMD's pricing is just a suggested retail price. The retailer is able to charge whatever they want, and import costs will raise the price as well.

adam_

In Poland price is also higher than tax or currency rates would explain.

speeder

I will copy-paste my reply from other thread.

-----------

I am from Brazil, and I wrote about this multiple times, but people dismiss me, and say it is my "crap country" fault.

AMD distribution network is really bad, making the retailers have problems to get the cards, so the few ones they get, they overcharge it, also sometimes retailers have to buy from distributors, that themselves had to buy the cards too (ie: instead of getting them from actual distribution deals like they get their other hardware).

Here in Brazil the 970 is same price as 380X, the 390 is very expensive, and the fury (all of them) are more expensive than the 1080 Founder's Edition.

The only fix is to have AMD get a better distribution network, directly, or via their board partners... this can't happen overnight, but still, every time I mention this issue people dismiss me, or say I am nVidia troll, and that it is fault of my third world country and AMD target market is EU+US and I shouldn't complain and should just move.

techguy

AMD can not force an importer or distributor to buy more product to fill the local channel. Distributors are independent businesses and they usually order the volume of product they feel they can sell. When a product becomes very popular retailers charge whatever consumers will pay for it. AMD has no control over market conditions. AMD would be more than happy to ship a higher volume of products to all countries if the importer/distributors will buy them. You should probably try to find out who the importer is for your country and alert them to the supply and pricing issues.

techguy

AMD like most CPU manufacturers sell to importers or distributors. They do not have their own importers or distributors in most countries. In addition AMD does not set or control retail pricing. In many countries it is illegal for a mfg. to do so when the distributors and retailers are not company owned. Supply and demand is always a factor in the cost of goods. If there is sufficient demand for AMD products in a given geographic region, a distributor or importer will request to purchase directly from AMD.