1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 9:45 AM by ray_m

Trying to add third monitor to a Radeon HD6300M card

helm2lee

I am trying to add a third monitor to my exsiting laptop and 2nd monitor. My laptop is a ( pavilion dv7 4285DX) and has a AMD HD6300M graphics card which is supposed to support 4 monitors. I am using the laptop main screen, and second monitor hooked up to the vga port on the laptop. I have a HDMI port which I am trying to hook up to the third monitor to but system/graphics card doesn't recognize it. I am only using it for data , no gaming usage (third monitor is a LG E2242 using a DVI-D or VGA connection, I have a HDMI to DVI-D cable) Currently running Windows10 Pro 64bit, System upgrades made are: two 1 terabyte each internal ssd drives and a sd card reader. Can't seem to find anything online to help resolve getting the monitor to work using the HDMI port. ( open ports 1 sata usb, HDMI port, 3x "std"-usb ports, sdhc card reader)

1. Do I need an external graphics card and if so are there any that would work using the HDMI port?

2. Is there software and/or drivers that would configure either the 6300 graphics card or Windows 10 to recognize the HDMI port as a third monitor using a HDMI to DVI-D cable or HDMI to VGA ( monitor has both)?

Any help is appreciated

helm2lee