15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2016 2:46 AM by william

RX 480 Launch Day

blazek

The RX 480 launched today!

Who's going to get one? who's already got one?

• Re: RX 480 Launch Day
          benman2785

right today my gpu had some problems - so i will check if my old 7970 still works and i can wait for vega or if i have to buy an nice oc'ed RX480

mohotashi

I woke up this morning to find, my preferred vendor, Newegg.com is completely sold out.

I was following to help my friend replace his green brand, I suppose he is gonna have to wait.

Great Marketing guys. #BetterRed videos make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

rulikas4

If only in eastern Europe the prices wouldn't be so terrible(329 euros = 355$).

dark~eyes

I want one but in the Nederland’s the store’s asking over 300 euro right now

derrickgott007

I was able to pick up an xfx rx480 8GB card last night on Amazon when they started selling them early. I cant wait to get it in!

(Don't forget, I am giving away my current xfx R7 360 to someone on the boards here who really needs a GPU..  It's only 3 months old and I was gifted it, so I want to pay it forward)

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    redteam6

sold out every where so much for lots of inventory

jamesc359

I'm sure they did have a lot of inventory. You have to remember this card was all but guaranteed to be extremely popular from the get-go so the fact that it's sold out shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        jamesc359

So what do you all think about the RX 480 supposedly breaking the PCI-E spec by drawing more than 75W of power through the PCI-E bus?

pachpuch

Im little dissapointed about price = quality. Price in Poland is ~1350 PLN. Its too high  

1 $ = 3.98

230 x 3.98 = 915.4 PLN . . .

We need to spend ~ 335 $ its so unfair.

Buying rx 480 in our country is unprofitable to us. Waiting for non-reference cards.

benman2785

come to germany - here you pay between 230 and 280eur

derrickgott007

Non reference cards aren't going be any cheaper.  If $1 US Dollar is equal to $3.83 of your Dollars and the MSRP is $199 US for a 4gb and $239 US for an 8gb, you convert that to PLN, you will still be paying the same amount we paid here in the US.  They aren't going to give you a discount to $199 PLN  It doesn't work that way.  That would make it like $60 US, which is not the manufacturer suggested retail price.

ricker666

Ordered a 4GB Sapphire card here in the UK, be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it, first AMD card for me!

feverstriker

Ouch, looks like Amazon will have some 4gb versions around July 2nd but they are asking for $229 in the states, although there is another seller on Amazon by the name of Tony Cardillo who will apparently have some RX480 around July 11-26 for $200 but this dude looks sketchy!!!
                                  Also, Newegg has some Sapphire 8g RX480 @ $239 (although it doesn't say 8gb in the title) and as far as the 4gb ones go your only options are PowerColor and XFX for $199, everyone else is out of stock.

HAPPY HUNTING!!!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                    william

I was looking at offers from our local internet stores but right now only 8GB versions are out. I would like to get 4GB version since I don't see the benefit of additional memory. I heard it's enough for single card setup, I saw some benchmarks which suggest similar conclusion. The games are also supposed to get better optimized with greater texture compression.

I am a bit disappointed with current benchmarks and overclocking information that I was able to find on the internet. I have expected more performance which was suggested by rumors on the internet. But it's still a great card and if I can afford 4GB version I would get one. If the price is too high than I would probably get R9 380. It's still going to be unbelievable upgrade over my current setup and probably enough for my needs.

Current price of RX480 is ~ 320 Euro which is approximately 360 USD, that's simply too high. I can't afford that and probably never will. I hope 4GB version would have better local pricing.