3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 9:13 AM by amdmatt

0x000000ea error after updating drivers (Win 10 64)

btenpenny

Any time I update the Radeon drivers to a version newer than about 15.7.1 I start getting BSOD's on my PC. It's not particularly in games, or when the GPU is under load, though it sometimes happens then. It's just as likely to be when opening a browser, or just moving the mouse around on the screen.

I have a R290

Windows 10 64-bit

16gb RAM

Using an LG television as a display, via HDMI

I've used DDU to do a clean install, followed by both letting the AMD driver install run, or by going the "I have a disk" method after clean-boot DDU uninstall.

The error getting logged is as follows:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0xffffe001f3ed1080,

Looking this error up appears to be a Stuck Thread issue.

Looking at my install directory, I'd say I've tried 7 different driver versions, going back to August 2015, and they all crash in the same way. I've seen other folks on here with the same issues, but no one seems to have answers.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Re: 0x000000ea error after updating drivers (Win 10 64)
          amdmatt

This could be caused by a corrupt or conflicting system file or registry entry on your system. Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.6.2 drivers once the above is completed and see if that removes the error.