3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 3:49 AM by bingus

R9 380X driver crashing to desktop

kidalex91

So I know I'm not the only one with this issue and I've seen multiple steam and amd discussions of people having this problem. I bought my R9 380X six months ago and got my RMA about a week ago. Last card failed completely but new one is working great. However, I've run into the same extremely annoying issue with this card. Whenever I play Dark Souls 3 the driver for this card crashes to desktop on the first crash. On the second crash the monitor will go black saying there is no display connected. This forces me to hold the power button and reset my computer. I bought Dark Souls 3 day of release and haven't been able to beat the game because of this damn issue. I have reinstalled the newest drivers, rolled back to 15.11.1 which had instability, and as stated before I already replaced the card. I redid the cable work with the power supply to make sure that wasn't an issue and have reinstalled Dark Souls 3 twice but to no avail. I consider this to be a driver issue at this point, and I doubt there is anything I can do about it unless AMD makes a fix but this seems like the best place to vent out my frustrations. I love this game to much to keep dealing with this. And yes, I set lighting to low in the game.

• Re: R9 380X driver crashing to desktop
          kidalex91

So a quick little add on. I was changing different settings to try and get Dark Souls 3 to work and it is now unplayable. I switched from my monitors native resolution of 2560 by 1080p to 1920 by 1080p in game and it caused the monitor to lose signal again. One hard reset later and when I try to launch the game steam just continuously refreshes the  "Preparing to launch Dark Souls 3" box, but never launches. So at this point, I've given up. No idea what the problems is and no solutions on how to fix it. One of my favorite games ruined.

shakyor_

380x Sapphire

I use Crimson 16.3.2 and Dark Souls 3 runs flawless with all on max (DoF off and Shadows medium) and average 60fps.

Only i have some stuttering, the Fps goes from 60 to 50 and jump back to 60 in a second, but these a problem from the Game and I'm not the only one with these issue^^

Sorry for my poor english

bingus

I have the regular R9 380 and I'm also getting random driver crashes while playing Dark Souls 3.