AnsweredAssumed Answered

R9 380X driver crashing to desktop

Question asked by kidalex91 on Jun 27, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 by bingus

So I know I'm not the only one with this issue and I've seen multiple steam and amd discussions of people having this problem. I bought my R9 380X six months ago and got my RMA about a week ago. Last card failed completely but new one is working great. However, I've run into the same extremely annoying issue with this card. Whenever I play Dark Souls 3 the driver for this card crashes to desktop on the first crash. On the second crash the monitor will go black saying there is no display connected. This forces me to hold the power button and reset my computer. I bought Dark Souls 3 day of release and haven't been able to beat the game because of this damn issue. I have reinstalled the newest drivers, rolled back to 15.11.1 which had instability, and as stated before I already replaced the card. I redid the cable work with the power supply to make sure that wasn't an issue and have reinstalled Dark Souls 3 twice but to no avail. I consider this to be a driver issue at this point, and I doubt there is anything I can do about it unless AMD makes a fix but this seems like the best place to vent out my frustrations. I love this game to much to keep dealing with this. And yes, I set lighting to low in the game.

Outcomes