6 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2018 12:19 PM by nicolasm

What is the normal operating temperature of the W8100?

cholcombe

What is the normal operating temperature of the W8100?  It seems to be running hot.

• Re: What is the normal operating temperature of the W8100?
            fsadough

Depending on what you do, it can even go all the way to 92-95 degrees (rendering)

nicolasm

I recently built a Pc and I tweaked it for Dataton Watchout. I chose a w8100. So, the system is used for live events playback, running large and heavy videos, live sources, with 4 WUXGA displays connected  during long time (maybe 15hs or more sometimes). I'm testing the system and the card is too hot (when i touch it). I'm monitoring the temperature and the highest temperature is 89 degrees. It seems like is in a normal temperature for this GPU, but like i said, if i touch the external ventilation of the card it burns me, and when i disconnect the DP adapters, the conector burns too. So, I'm worried about the stability of this system. Is not an airflow problem, I'm running it with the case open.

I't will be used for live events, it can't fail.

Thank's

fsadough

Unfortunately I do not have details of your system to predict what is going to happen. As I mentioned the GPU temperature can go all the way to 92 or 95, where the GPU will shut down automatically when overheated.

nicolasm

*As I mentioned the GPU temperature can go all the way to 92 or 95, where

the GPU will shut down automatically when overheated.*

So, if my w8100 is going up to 89 degrees I'm really close to the

overheat.  You said that the card can work up to 95 degrees. If the cards

goes up to 96 it will automatically shut down? wheres are that

specifications? I couldn't found them in the user guide and data sheet.

I changed the speed of the fan that gets in air in front of the card, and

added an extra fan on top of the GPU with a bridge. That put my card at 83

degrees like max level  (77 degrees average). I'd like to check the thermal

paste of the GPU, bue

*Unfortunately I do not have details of your system to predict what is

going to happen*

Maybe this helps.

Mounted on a 4u rackmount chassis.

Asus x99 deluxe ii

Intel core i7 6850k six core 3,6 Ghz

Corsair H80i Water cooling

AMD Firepro w8100

64gb Corsair vengaence ddr4 2133mhz (4x16)

Samsung 960 pro (m.2 - 512gb)

Samsung 850 evo 128gb (OS)

Datapath Vision AV-SDI capture card

Native instruments Komplete Audio USB 2.0 audio interface

Windows 8.1 64 bits (tweaked with Dataton Watchout Tweaking list 7.1)

Not overclocked!

Regards,

Nicolás

2018-05-04 5:48 GMT-03:00 fsadough <amd-external@jiveon.com>:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: What is the normal operating temperature of the W8100? in Graphics

nicolasm

I'd like to check the thermal paste of the GPU,  but i can´t find a video tutorial that shows me make it without damaging the card. The otherthing that I would like to do is change the response of the fan of the w8100. How can I do it? I can´t find this option on Radeon´s control panel. or it is in the BIOS?

Thank´s again