CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K

Motherboard - Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

RAM - 32GB (8x4) G.Skill Trident Z 3000MHz

Graphics - Asus Strix R9 Fury

PSU - Seasonic 1250W X-Series

Storage - Plextor M6S 128GB SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB

Cooler - EKWB Predator 240

Monitor - Asus MG279Q Freesync IPS 27" 2560x1440

This has been a headache for me recently. As the title suggests, my R9 Fury is unable to display a proper image when there is no drivers installed. This is quite problematic as I am unable to do a clean uninstall of the drivers. Whenever I unistall the drivers, the display gets corrupted once the driver is removed, and the next time I turn on the PC, it will not display a proper image. The image is literally corrupted and shows parts of my desktop all jumbled up.

So, to circumvent this problem, I had to go to the BIOs and activate iGPU multi display and connect a 2nd monitor to via HDMI to my motherboard. This way, the AMD install manager is able to detect my R9 Fury and install the driver appropriately. Funny thing is, even before I install the drivers, with a DisplayPort cable connected to my R9 Fury to the 1st monitor in this situation, it is able to display the image correctly. (Also to note, if I don't use multi display option on the iGPU and only have it as my primary graphics output, AMD install manager will be unable to detect the R9 Fury and therefore will not install the corresponding drivers. Thus I have to use 2 monitors, HDMI from the motherboard and DisplayPort from the R9 Fury, along with the multi display option activated)

I do not understand why this happens as I believe all GPUs should be at least capable of displaying an image, even without drivers installed? This is really troublesome for me, as it means I am unable to do clean unistall of drivers without using a 2nd monitor. I was lucky I even had a 2nd monitor lying around.

Is there anyone who could help shed some light on this matter? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!