1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 7:41 AM by black_zion

HD 6570, Display Port From HDMI or other port?

jpapale

Hello,

I've recently bought a 3814x2160 monitor, and discovered that my HD 6570 is not able to manage that resolution trough the HDMI, which apparently only support 1920x1080.

Using the DVI is supposed to allow the maximum resolution, but it give strange results, with unpleasant pixelized effects.

Apparently, using the display port is the only way to reach the full resolution with decent results.

Unfortunately, my card variation do not have a Display Port, there is only VGA, DVI and HDMI.

Is there a way to convert one of the output to Display Port? As side note, I've attempted to connect a 'HDMI' to 'Display Port' cable, but it doesn't seems to work at all.

Or another idea to allow to reach the full resolution with a correct result?

Thanks for your input.

• Re: HD 6570, Display Port From HDMI or other port?
          black_zion

No, you cannot convert HDMI or DVI to DisplayPort. The RX 460, 470, and 480 will be out in 7 days and will crash prices all around, so keep a lookout for cheap clearances of R7/9 200 and 300 cards. Your HD 6570 is a legacy card, and it's time to look for an upgrade, and there's no better time than when there's a massive shift in technology rendering every previous graphics card obsolete.