Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card
- AMD R9 390X STRIX OC III
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Operating System
- Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installed
- AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 WIN 10 64 BIT
- Display Devices
- ASUS VG278HE @144HZ 1920x BY 1080X DVI adapter
- HDMI @60HZ 1920X BY 1080 HDMI ADAPTER
- ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z
- FX 9590
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- CORSAIR AX 1200i
- 32 GIG
- INTERNET 100mb/40mb getting (10mb/s max though)
Describe your issue:
- GAME: Overwatch When playing overwatch specifically my frame rates in between sessions jumps to 120-200 frames per second but when the game loads it instantly runs between 30-56 frames per second and drops to around 30 frames per second. I have used the newest crimson drivers as well and that has the same outcome. They just released patch update 184.108.40.206 29800 for overwatch and the previous patch I was experiencing around 10-30 fps max so it has slightly improved. But overall I expect to be getting no less than 60+ fps constantly with either of my video cards. I was wondering if anyone could assist me in this.
F.Y.I I also have an ASUS R9 290X Direct CU OC II and purchased the R9 390X as an upgrade and a comparison. With the R9 290X I was experiencing exactly the same issues with exactly the same game.
- I used DDU to uninstall and clean all files in safe mode before installing the new graphics card and had some technical difficulties installing the software while connected to the internet. So I installed the drivers in safe mode without an internet connection.
- GAME: OVERWATCH 220.127.116.11 29800 & OBS
- Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings) are displayed in the below recording. https://vid.me/ZJ2w - software used to record NCH link to video recorded during gameplay. Apologies for the recorded fps was at 3fps-8fps max