1 of 1 people found this helpful
Yup....you have to install all updates first. SP1 and the 'Optional' updates. There will be a couple of hundred. Keep going back to Windows Update until there are no more. This must be done before attempting to install any AMD driver.
I have SP1. I downloaded MSDN iso with SP1. And thing is Windowd Update doesn't work at all (I have the high CPU usage problem, tried every method to try to fix it with no luck).
Guess I'll have to reinstall again
Yup...not being able to update your computer is a bummer.
install win7 sp1 then install the new convenience rollup pack from ms which is kinda like sp2 !!
links to d/l direct on here...
Ive tried but nothing works anymore. Whole Win Update is messed up. I will
have to reinstall whole thing because nothing works
Dňa 22.6.2016 22:22 používateľ "dms-audio" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
After reinstalling Windows 7, AMD Crimson driver won't let me install
drivers in Drivers & Software
I got sth like that - reinstalling Win 7
tried to install AMD Drivers - Error Pops out "Error on driver recognition, Please Contact AMD"
any ideas? SP1 is installed already
Windows 7 users should make sure they have ALL updates installed, specifically the following :
I've got the same issue. W7, removed old drivers with DDU, all windows updates installed including optional ones. Even re-installed W7 on a spare drive and it still won't show the drivers just looks like this..
Considering sending the card back, either it's faulty or the driver installer needs fixing. It shouldn't have problems on a clean, up to date install of W7.
I have same issue with you.
But I just found the reason
You can see my post for details:
I tried many time to clean install Windows 7 to find out the reason.
And tried two display card , HD6670 and RX 470.
I found that Microsoft patch KB3125574-v4 (Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1) will lead the driver uninstallation crash and have BSOD.
Below steps to replicate:
1. Clean install Windows 7 SP1 64bit
2. Install Crimson 16.8.3 or 17.7.3 or any version of Catalyst and reboot
3. Install Microsoft patch KB3125574-v4 and reboot
4. Uninstall Crimson or Catalyst in Windows Control Panel
5. When driver unstall, must have memory crash and BSOD during uninstallation
Below are the minidump files of crashes.
6. After BSOD and reboot, you will find your driver is not clean completely.
7. Then you need to use AMD Clean Up Utility or DDU to clean the driver package
8. After this, you will encount below installation issue - AMD Installer only have "HDMI Audio Driver"