4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 2:10 PM by kirilakristi

I can't update my driver.

kirilakristi

Hello, everyone, I have a little laptop with a R5 M240 and encountered some problems trying to update my driver.

I will add screenshots to display everything better. Don't worry the links are safe, they are taken with the Lightshot program.

So, first of all I entered AMD Settings, chose the latest update and clicked Update now. The error I received was as follows:

http://prntscr.com/bjjcdx

The AMD Settings did not open any longer after that. It took a restart to be able to start the program again. This time I chose the beta driver. I got the same error however.

Eventually, I chose to find the driver myself on the AMD site. I used the installer and reached this conclusion.

http://prntscr.com/bjji6j

So here I am, asking AMD for assistance. If you could help me I would be verygrateful.

GPU: Radeon M240

Laptop model: Asus X452C

Driver: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.30
      Mobo: no idea

CPU: Intel Core i3-3217u 1.8 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

• Re: I can't update my driver.
          kingfish

First update your computer. Windows Update..make sure SP1 and all critical updates installed. Also the relevant 'Optional' updates, which will include the required .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. This must be done before trying to install any AMD driver.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download the correct AMD drivers to your desktop >   Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Screenshot_5 (3).png

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer