2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 4:22 PM by scrub

Unreal Engine Games Causing Driver Crashes

scrub

Hi AMD community,

So, for around 10 months now, I have been experiencing severe driver crashes while playing games that run on Unreal Engine. A few minutes into gameplay (it could be 10 minutes or an hour), the screen turns into a bunch of vertical lines, in one colour (which seems to depend on the game for some reason). After a couple of seconds, all sound cuts out and my PC is completely unresponsive, requiring a full restart. Examples of games this happens with are Rocket League, Dirty Bomb, and the new Unreal Tournament.

My GPU is a R9 280, and I am running the latest 16.6.1 driver currently. Earlier today I fully un- and reinstalled all drivers, to no success. I have no other problems with any games, it seems to be a conflict between the engine and drivers (I know this because alt-tabbing within about half a second of the crash just causes the game to close, and I a bubble pops up telling me that the driver has crashed). I haven't found others reporting the same issue, and it's not on the list of known bugs.

Any quick fixes would be appreciated, but it's probably going to have to be fixed in a driver update

Thanks