6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 8:44 AM by jamesxx

BUG: There is no Custom resolution tab in Advanced Settings

jamesxx

GPU: FirePro M6000, Crimson 16.3.2, Windows 7, notebook.

BUG: When I go to Advance Settings to My Internal Displays There are only 2 tabs called Properties (internal Monitor) and Color.

There is NO Manage Resolutions Tab where I would be able to select monitor profiles which are stored in EDID or create my own custom refresh rates. WTH!

Seriously, AMD. Fix this please so that we would be able to do what Nvidia lets us to do ten years already! I don't know if it was the same on older drivers but I file it as a BUG and not a Feature request because it is that common to be able to set desired monitor's profiles which are stored in EDID! I have 4 of them and now have to work at the default one (72Hz) while Advanced Settings clearly shows that maximum refresh rate is 100 Hz!

advanced settings bug.png

P.S. Guys, is there a way to registry hack it?

• Re: BUG: There is no Custom resolution tab in Advanced Settings
          amdpete

The maximum refreshrate would be at substantially lower resolution than the highest resolution and will be available to select once you go to the resolution that supports it or lower.  Custom resolutions are only for digital displays you would need to be using DVI, HDMI or Displayport to see that setting in the digital flat panel displays section.  Laptop internal displays are not run using those methods since they use driven directly rather than through a connection usually.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jamesxx

First of all, thanks for replying.

I am enthusiast user. Not the kind of "enthusiast" who overpaid 50$ for whistles like a sticker with SuperDuuuuper Overclockman Edition in red and yellow flameable font and considers himself an "enthusiast", I am REAL Enthusiast. So yeah, I know about max possible refresh rate per resolution stuff.

But I don't get about why my LVDS internal display suddenly became a part of "not capable to use custom resolution" group as soon as I switched to AMD. There is a monitor. Every monitor has its EDID. Each EDID has at least one profile and no matter what... you always can create custom resolution unless its Optimus where all goes through intel which also blocks us from using custom refresh rates. But at least it allows to use built in EDID one! Even Intel allows switching between those but my laptop with fresh AMD Firepro card (M6000 or HD 7870) for some reason doesn't.

amdpete

You should be able to set a custom EDID via the windows registry, use the the CRU utility if you want to do that.

Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      jamesxx

OK, well, thanks again. With this tool I can... switch places of my profiles to set another one as default... which takes action only after reboot or restart.exe, the latter looks slightly glitchy. It is useful though.

But the best thing...what I expect to have is the tab in official program from manufacturer where I would manage built-in profiles in EDID (just set any I want) instantly and  without any glitch (without restarting whole driver for this tiny thing).

For example MPC-HC does that easily in Fullscreen video play so it's embarrassment Advanced Settings don't let me do the same but for EVERYTHING and not just when watching videos.

mpc-hc.png

That is why I hope either AMD fixes it letting me do with my hardware what I desire or someone hints a reg hack to show that Tab where I could easily pick refresh rates from drop down menu like nvidia offers... or even better.

8e52adb990e5.png

jamesxx

OK, so at the end I have to file a bugreport to AMD. Until they fix it I have to use advanced monitor settings which uses built-in profiles only and it takes twice more clicks to change a refresh rate profile with that.

jamesxx

I found a fast switcher of resolution modes in a blink of an eye called HRC – HotKey Resolution Changer | funk.eu...hey, it's just me...

But I didn't find the way to show AMD's Tab of custom resolution and refresh rate on my laptop with LVDS internal Monitor.