I am running win10 with Core i7 u5500, AMD r7 m265, Radeon Hotfix 16.6.1 Drivers on a Dell Inspiron blah,blah,blah. My R7 is not doing any work AT ALL. not even on games it has profiles for.
I need a test that is trusted. AMD resource monitor works?
Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.
1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here. What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.
2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.
3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!
4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.
5. Install the latest Crimson 16.6.1 drivers once the above is completed.
To configure an application to use the discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.
In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.
Retrieving data ...