1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2016 10:43 AM by iainob1

When is going AMD to fix R9 380 crashes, they go as back as mid 2015 and still hasn't been fixed

hyperclockgaming

Hi
      Im tired of this issue with the R9 380, AMD aknowledged the problem 9 months ago and still no fix, this thing keeps crashing using any other driver than 15.11.1 beta, dating from several months ago.
      There's a lot of threads in this forum about that problem that doesn't get answer from AMD stuff, just being ignored.

With this kind of subpar driver support why would I buy any other AMD card, I made the change from a mid range NVIDIA (GTX 760) to this mid range R9 380 4GB and never had this kind of issues with the old card. I can understand a bug here and there, but this is ground breaking, the current state prevents me to use the card in any Unreal engine based software and thats huge.

So will AMD release a fix for this problems almost a year old or will it get ignored as it has been and I just have to jump off the ship?
      Thanks

• Re: When is going AMD to fix R9 380 crashes, they go as back as mid 2015 and still hasn't been fixed
          iainob1

Just the same as them not fixing the drivers for the R9 295x2 yet for windows 10. All dx 9 games broken causing stuttering and hitches, can't disable crossfire in profiles for dx 9 games, core clocks downclock in windowed mode or fullscreen boarderless mode for all dx versions. The odd driver where you can disable crossfire for dx 9 games causes the one cards usage to fluctuate up and down in spikes from 0 to 100 constantly and then also the core clocks drop to 2d rates. Power settings to full and ulps always disabled.

Poor gpu usage, no power effeciency settings for this series so its all done automatically . This card ran great in windows 7 and 8 now its a paper weight tried every windows 10 driver from catalyst to crimson all have the same issues