13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 12:54 AM by probel

Windows 10

probel

Hi, i just wanted to ask you to message me when drivers for my 7870 will stop crushing and causing bsods in Windows 10, thank you.

• Re: Windows 10
          amdmatt

We'd like to help you, but you have not provided any information.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

probel

What information? Are you not aware of drivers crashes on windows 10? Information about it is all over your forums, but you are ignoring that issue/

amdmatt

I am not aware of any issue affecting 7870 GPUs, but I'd like to learn more. Please provide some relevant information about your issue, click the link below for a guide on what to provide, and I'll try to help.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

probel

Well, im currently on Windows 7 (of course), so, as i remember, i had something like "amdkmdapp stopped responding" error all the time: in browser, games and stuff, and, ocasionally, picture could just freeze because of driver crash or something and system was not reacting on anything untill reboot.

And i actually have problems on Windows 7: ATI EEU Client event error appears in my application log. Everything seems to work fine, but i think it is not quite right. Sorry for, probably, not proper english, i think it's pointless to post on my native lang. forums

amdmatt

I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of 16.6.2, to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.

probel

I reinstalled Os, drivers and all the stuff like 10 times. ACtually, Windwos 10 automatically installing all drivers, and for some reason it installing like uncomplete drivers for my GPU, like, it has Radeon settings and stuff, but i cant update it or uninstall from control panel.

amdmatt

Windows Update does install an AMD driver if no drivers are detected. Sometimes it can install an old driver over the top of your existing driver, and this tends to cause problems.

You can block Windows from forcing the driver onto your system, more information available here. Once you the driver has been blocked, running DDU in safe mode should uninstall the Windows Update driver, then you can run the latest Crimson driver from amd.com.

probel

I did it all when i had Windwos 10 installed - nothing seemed to work, so i'm here, using Windwos 7, asking if the issue was fixed, so i won't spend any more time Installing and reinstalling OS, drivers and dancing with shaman's tambourine praying for everything to work properly.

knowengine

I´m confronted with nearly the same issue on my HD 7950.

Can someone help me? System Crash with latest driver (16.7.3, Hotfix of 16.7.2)

Greetings

naessti1

I have the same problem on my r9 280x and nvidia 960M... Intel network drivers and bluetooth drivers aswell..

When I start my machine in safe mode and try to install gpu drivers from there i get an pop-up that says "Driver error, contact AMD"

After upgrade to windows 10 everything went to sh**... Even my brand new gaming laptop came with these problems....

I cant even get past build 10586....

Language in the picture is Norwegian.

20160703_132434.jpg

domdom32

No point trying to get any answers from the staff, they just keep pasting how to clean install drivers (even when you clearly tell them that you did that 10 times already).

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                                probel

Well, i think its time to buy a NVIDIA card

probel

So, was anything done about that issue?