1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 3:42 AM by amdmatt

Two games crash and look for an error but no error code appears.

drotac

I have been using a Radeon R9 290 for about a year now. I didn't have many problems until recently. first it told me THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER but I was able to fix it with the newest driver. Now when I try to play Kerbal Space Program (KSP) it will work for a random amount of time then crash and say something along the lines of "windows is looking for a solution to the problem..." it also happens as soon as I try to launch Americas Army: Proving Grounds. I bought Americas Army through steam and KSP from their official site so I know the problem Isn't steam and so far it seems to be isolated to these games only. I contacted KSP support and sent the my dxdiag file and they have found that there is a problem with my graphics card but would not tell me what, I have attached the file to my question for others to see as I don't understand almost anything in the dxdiag file.

PC Specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 10

System Type:         64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Motherboard:          Asus F2 A85-V Pro

Ram:                       4X 8 GB Viper Xtreme

Hard Drive:             ST31000333AS 1 TB (it appears to be a seagate Hard Drive after I googled that number)

GPU:                             AMD Radeon R9 200 series (box says its a 290)

I'm new to doing this stuff on my own and am unsure of what all is needed and where to find the information so if I missed and/or messed anything up please let me know and I will do my best to find it and/or correct it. The box for my motherboard and GPU both say more on them but it is a little lengthy. If needed I can add that stuff as well. The format I used for listing my specs is one I've seen a few times and hope is it appropriate and satisfactory to everyone else.

• Re: Two games crash and look for an error but no error code appears.
          amdmatt

Can you ask them what problem they found? I looked at the DXDIAG and could not see a problem.

Please try the steps below to see if they resolve the crashing.

• Verify the game cache of each title in steam
          • Disable any on screen overlay software

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.6.1 drivers once the above is completed.