1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 3:25 AM by amdmatt

AMD Radeon R9 M265X - Crimson Software don't recognize it

fjsventura

I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-B10V with a AMD Radeon kR9 M265X and a Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160527-1834).

I've tried to install and reinstall the Radeon drivers, but no matter how many attempts, the crimson software always stops working and says I don't have any Radeon graphic card instaled (I'm sending a picture of the error).

As far as I know, the graphic card is being used in the games I play and is working properly, but I can't change any configuration nor acess crimson.

I've already used DDD to clear all the traces of older drivers, but nothing.

Can someone help me? 

• Re: AMD Radeon R9 M265X - Crimson Software don't recognize it
          amdmatt

I checked your DXDIAG and it showed that you were using an older Catalyst driver.

Please use the following link to disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10. Additionally, please make sure get updates for other Microsoft products is not enabled. Download the show or hide updates troubleshooter package to hide this driver update so it will never automatically install.

Once you have hidden the AMD driver update from Windows update, please try the steps below to update your system to the latest Crimson driver.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.6.1 drivers once the above is completed.